Avoiding Ticket Scams

I was thinking of spending a stupid amount of money on eBay to get tickets for a sporting occasion that's sold out. Any tips to ensure I don't get scammed?
posted by ascullion to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (6 answers total)

Make sure that you get the actual tickets rather than be talked into having tickets waiting for you at Will Call. Other than that, the User feedback should tell you most of what you need to know about the seller.
posted by psmealey at 7:11 AM on February 5, 2005

Any legit seller should have photos of the tickets. And like psmealey said, rely on user feedback .
posted by null terminated at 8:19 AM on February 5, 2005

When you say "stupid amount of money," "ebay," and "scam" in the same sentence, the next thing you should be saying is "Escrow, escrow, escrow."
posted by majick at 8:32 AM on February 5, 2005

I'd personally want to speak to the seller on the phone, but then I'm one of those people who believes I can "just tell" if someone is lying, so your mileage may vary.
posted by odinsdream at 12:12 PM on February 5, 2005

I have purchased tickets to two different concerts on ebay.

Both transactions were flawless.

I gauged the sellers on their feedback and how much information they supplied about the event itself and the tickets.
posted by szg8 at 12:38 PM on February 5, 2005

1. Never spend more money than you are willing to lose on ebay.

2. EBay transactions always take longer than you would expect.
posted by b1tr0t at 1:03 PM on February 5, 2005

« Older Musical Cliches   |   Ordering glasses online Newer »