Who stocks ice hockey gear in Sydney?

I need an ice hockey stick and helmet. I'm in Canberra and want to drive up to Sydney to get the gear, but I don't want to be driving all over town looking for it. Which ice rink pro shops and/or skate stores stock ice hockey gear in Sydney?

I'm not keen on buying online as I'm new to hockey and not sure what length of stick nor what length & width of helmet I need, so I'd like to go retail and be able to try things on and see how they feel.

Canberra has one source of hockey gear, but the range is limited and the guy who runs it does so by appointment only and sometimes misses appointments.
posted by d-no to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total)

I'm not in Australia but based on a Google search, Sydney Skate Shop at Sydney Ice Arena seems to stock a few helmets and sticks.
posted by ctab at 7:28 PM on March 6, 2010

Canterbury and Macquarie ice rinks both had skate shops with hockey gear (well ... 6 years ago). Canterbury had a better selection.

There was also a good skate shop in Burwood, where I used to buy my gear, but I can't recall the name.
posted by jannw at 4:01 AM on March 7, 2010

Best answer: Hockey Heaven in Seven Hills! I haven't been there since it moved from Parramatta, but I recall the staff being very helpful and knowledgeable about their products.
posted by madforplaid at 10:47 AM on March 7, 2010

« Older Origin of situational irony as "enlivened by...   |   Study on suggestibility? Newer »