Will my old Canon printer work with Win XP?

Printer filter/ I'm downsizing to travel cross country and would like to use an old Canon bubble jet (BJ10ex) with my new Dell laptop running XP. Does anyone know if this won't work? I have to wait for a USB Parallel converter cable to arrive to test it. Are there other compatibility problems I need to know about?
posted by NorthCoastCafe to Technology (3 answers total)

Does your laptop not have a parallel port? I thought these were still on Latitudes and such.

Anyway, there are drivers on Canon's website to run the BJ10ex under Windows 2000, so those should work fine (albeit unsigned) in XP.
posted by AlexReynolds at 2:50 PM on February 3, 2005

There are drivers built-in to Windows XP for the BJ-10ex (and a lot of other common older printers).
posted by zsazsa at 2:54 PM on February 3, 2005

ooh! I've got one of those up the loft. What's the cable you're getting NorthCoastCafe? Is it dear?
posted by bonaldi at 8:14 PM on February 3, 2005

« Older Understanding Stock Investing   |   Question on Ebay policies in regard to a silly... Newer »