Help me find the title for this very good Indian movie.

[movie ID filter] Please help me remember the title of this Indian movie set in modern-day India. The movie revolves around a busy street intersection and the panhandlers that make a living in the area. Specific scenes inside.

I rented this movie from the library a few years ago, but have completely forgotten the title. Some memorable scenes:

-A man acts crazy, dresses only in shorts and makes himself dirty on purpose in order to gain sympathy while panhandling. In actuality he is just a typical, well-adjusted guy. He goes to the movies and runs into a donor who recognizes him.

-A driver of a well-to-do businessman/politician has a pre-arranged deal with the panhandlers to be generous when their car is approached. This act of generosity forces his boss to give even more money to the panhandlers in order to save face.

Any ideas?

posted by cheemee to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

Traffic Signal? Never seen it, though, so I don't know about the specific scenes.
posted by SpringAquifer at 6:00 PM on February 28, 2010

sounds like Traffic Signal too me
posted by wannabehippie at 10:57 PM on February 28, 2010

yep, that's the one.

thanks, aquifer and hippie.
posted by cheemee at 5:24 PM on March 1, 2010

« Older How do I get XP to recognize the font Georgia?   |   Bring M2TS into iMovie '09? Newer »