help me look good and see better
February 19, 2010 9:52 AM   Subscribe

Where can I buy half-round glasses?

I need reading glasses. I'm trying to find the classic "librarian glasses". They are half round, with the rim running around the bottom and no rim on the top. Also, I have a really big head and need extra long ear thingies (I know these have a name but can't remember it). Extra points for some kind of funky, deep red tortoiseshell look. Thanks!
posted by crazylegs to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total)
google image "half moon" reading glasses
posted by Bet Glenn at 10:19 AM on February 19, 2010

like this? Seems high though. I've bought glasses from EyeBuyDirect and Zenni Optical and they both have different styles of reading glasses in the $9 - $18 range.
posted by mattbucher at 10:26 AM on February 19, 2010

The long ear thingies are called "cable temples"
posted by Stylus Happenstance at 12:56 PM on February 19, 2010

« Older Opposites Attract, Vacation Edition.   |   Top my lap Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.