I can't find a NeoGeo power supply!

I need help finding a power supply for a Japanese top-loading NeoGeo CD for a friend.

My Google-Fu is not bad, but I've come up with nothing on my own. I've even called places in California and NYC that seemed promising, with no luck. I'm still having a hard time understanding how something could not be on the internet, but I've reached the end of my rope. Help!

For anyone lending a hand, you should know that the NeoGeo, in its many phases, went through an absurd number of power supplies. The one that goes with a JP top-load NeoGeo CD is very specific; using one from a cartridge-based system won't work. I can't use one from another system either. Even eBay has come up short on this question. Thanks for the assistance...
posted by Poppa Bear to Technology (3 answers total)

Don't know if you called it, but this NYC shop is worth a shot: Video Games New York - (212) 539-1039
posted by griphus at 10:57 AM on February 15, 2010

Whoops! I can't use one from any other non-NeoGeo systems, a solution which works for systems such as the Saturn, TG-16, and a few others which share power supplies with other systems.
posted by Poppa Bear at 12:01 PM on February 15, 2010

Could you use a universal AC adapter? Some universal adapters let you select the output voltage and most include a wide variety of tips.
posted by stringbean at 12:41 PM on February 15, 2010

« Older To jog or not to jog   |   (Cheese) Spread 'Em. Newer »