Ingredients for St Dalfour cream?

Ingredients for St Dalfour cream?

I'm looking for the ingredients for the St. Dalfour whitening cream, as listed here. Does anyone know if it's safe for nursing mothers? Thanks.
posted by mandapanda to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total)

The most recent coverage of such creams in the NYTimes suggests that for quality-control and counterfeiting reasons, skin whitening creams aren't safe period. Moreover, I would be extremely wary of buying anything from a shady B2B site known to populated mostly by scammers.
posted by Inspector.Gadget at 10:28 AM on January 21, 2010

I've never heard of that product, but if I were looking for a skin whitening cream, I'd look at Makeup Artist's Choice. I'm pretty sure they carry them.

I've ordered several different things from them - TCA peels, Glycolic Acid peels, retinol, and everything has always been good, service is good, and they usually throw in a free sample.

* I do not work for Makeup Artist's Choice, nor am I in any way affiliated with them. In fact, I am somewhat selfish as to who I share them with, because I don't want everyone to know my secrets!
posted by fairywench at 11:00 AM on January 21, 2010

Those lids and the St Dalfour logo come from a well-known jam company that doesn't have anything to do with whitening creams or other body products, and the labels are very much out of kilter, quality-wise, with the lids. Strikes me as a little fishy....
posted by Westringia F. at 11:02 AM on January 21, 2010 [1 favorite]

« Older Why am I losing weight but not body fat percentage...   |   Is this actually Chris Ware, or just a good homage... Newer »