RSI specialists in Brisbane Australia?

RSI specialists in Brisbane Australia? Specifically looking for advice with regard to wrist, forearm and finger pain (also back and neck).

GP(s) proving not much help. The only acupuncturist I saw may even have made things worse. (Though I'd happily see another if anyone knew any good ones.) I work in a pretty full-on computing services environment and play piano moderately seriously so maybe it was inevitable; but without the two I'm going to be... lost... to say the least, so am looking for some good advice fast. Seeing a chiropractor tomorrow but does anyone know of any specialists around town who are total shining stars with this sort of thing?
posted by springbound to Health & Fitness (3 answers total)

It's a controversial area. But... in Australia, physiotherapists have higher entry requirements to university and more stringent/rigorous levels of education. I'd suggest you go to a physio INSTEAD of a chiropractor.
posted by taff at 5:11 AM on January 4, 2010

I've just mefi'd you my physio god's email.
posted by bwonder2 at 5:12 AM on January 4, 2010

Y'know I could've sworn on the phone today he said "chiropractor", but, huh, just checked and his website says "physiotherapist" after all!

Physio god, though, eh? That's hard to pass up! :) Thank you!
posted by springbound at 5:53 AM on January 4, 2010

« Older What's your preferred collection of Mahler...   |   Where to stay in Hong Kong? Newer »