RSI specialists in Brisbane Australia?
January 4, 2010 4:33 AM   Subscribe

RSI specialists in Brisbane Australia? Specifically looking for advice with regard to wrist, forearm and finger pain (also back and neck).

GP(s) proving not much help. The only acupuncturist I saw may even have made things worse. (Though I'd happily see another if anyone knew any good ones.) I work in a pretty full-on computing services environment and play piano moderately seriously so maybe it was inevitable; but without the two I'm going to be... lost... to say the least, so am looking for some good advice fast. Seeing a chiropractor tomorrow but does anyone know of any specialists around town who are total shining stars with this sort of thing?
posted by springbound to Health & Fitness (3 answers total)
It's a controversial area. But... in Australia, physiotherapists have higher entry requirements to university and more stringent/rigorous levels of education. I'd suggest you go to a physio INSTEAD of a chiropractor.
posted by taff at 5:11 AM on January 4, 2010

I've just mefi'd you my physio god's email.
posted by bwonder2 at 5:12 AM on January 4, 2010

Response by poster: Y'know I could've sworn on the phone today he said "chiropractor", but, huh, just checked and his website says "physiotherapist" after all!

Physio god, though, eh? That's hard to pass up! :) Thank you!
posted by springbound at 5:53 AM on January 4, 2010

« Older What's your preferred collection of Mahler...   |   Where to stay in Hong Kong? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.