What is this electronic instrumental?

While digitizing some minidiscs before I throw them out, I was very surprised to find this electronic instrumental (100KB MP3) on a disc of Avril Lavigne etc, and I have no idea how it got there. What is it?

(Yes, I hate half-remembered-movie threads too, but hopefully this is a bit different)
posted by cillit bang to Media & Arts (8 answers total)

I was just about to say that I was fairly sure it's a Chemical Brothers track, but I now think it was more likely just something they used in a song. I'll try and figure out which song.
posted by SAC at 11:17 AM on January 19, 2005

Yeah, it's 'My Elastic Eye' off of Come With Us.
posted by SAC at 11:26 AM on January 19, 2005

Thanks a lot. That name seems familiar. I don't know where I got it from or why I don't have another copy anywhere though.
posted by cillit bang at 11:34 AM on January 19, 2005

...which apparently uses a sample of Bernard Estardy's 'Tic Tac Nocturne'
posted by SAC at 11:35 AM on January 19, 2005

Throwing out minidiscs? How many? Any chance you'd send them my way? I'm an avid MD user...
posted by fake at 11:40 AM on January 19, 2005

I'm in the UK so it's probably not worth sending them to you, but if anyone else wants them you're welcome: Probably about 50 altogether, including three sealed blanks and a few nearly new. About half have cracked casings and aren't worth bothering with.
posted by cillit bang at 2:04 PM on January 19, 2005

(actually, if I don't get any other offers I'll send you the sealed ones, because I can't throw them away so they'll sit on a shelf for the rest of my life)
posted by cillit bang at 5:06 PM on January 19, 2005

well, if you haven't heard from anyone yet, my email is f a k e p r o j e c t @ g m a i l . c o m
posted by fake at 1:58 PM on January 28, 2005

« Older What type of gun do you keep for home defense...   |   phone with a digital answering machine Newer »