Please help me remember a website containing digitized old illustrations and woodcuts.

Please help me find an online collection of old woodcuts and other decorative elements available as vector drawings. I've lost my bookmark to it. Example images inside.

This website was a wonderful collection of old artwork that had been digitized and was mostly available free, or for minimal cost. The collection was organized into categories and included stylized capital letters, art deco, nature imagery, religious and ceremonial, etc.

I used the resources for our wedding invitations and programs, so I have a folder of a few of the files that I know came from this site. I've tried to research the filenames without success.

Here are the few that I have, in case someone recognizes one of them. I've converted them to PNG format for display in a browser, but they were all originally EPS:
alfredj.png
bradle1yorn.png
ornamentalm.png
orndaisy.png
platinm.png
stationers.png
vintage.png

posted by odinsdream to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 35 users marked this as a favorite

Was it Clipart ETC?
posted by iconomy at 8:33 PM on December 26, 2009

iconomy: That isn't the one, but looks like a great resource. This one focused on having EPS formats for almost every entity.
posted by odinsdream at 8:40 PM on December 26, 2009

Ooops, missed that part! Briar Press?
posted by iconomy at 8:44 PM on December 26, 2009 [3 favorites]

Yes! Thank you!!!
posted by odinsdream at 8:47 PM on December 26, 2009

« Older How should I move forward?   |   So You Think You Can Play Drums? Newer »