Help me find more awesome bands like this one

Help me find more music like this amazing band....

I absolutely LOVE the band No Eye Contact and cannot find any others like it. I love the unique instrumentals, the unrefined vocals, the catchy melodies, the beautiful lyrics....perfection! Please help me find more stuff like this.

If you've never heard of them: http://www.myspace.com/noeyecontact . Listen to Rainbow, it is the last song on there and is the best example of what I am looking for.

THANK YOU!
posted by GComes to Media & Arts (9 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Try Last.fm!
posted by stackhaus23 at 2:35 AM on December 10, 2009

I just gave them a listen.

Reminds me most of Neutral Milk Hotel. Try the well-known album, "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea".
posted by meadowlark lime at 3:28 AM on December 10, 2009

It may not be exactly what you're looking for but they're folky and I'm sure the vocals could be described as unrefined :)

The Hail Seizures
posted by kinakomochi at 3:40 AM on December 10, 2009

Response by poster: Yes, "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" is one of my favorite albums ever. Anything more like that would be very helpful ........Hail Seizures is not what I was looking for this time, but interesting all the same...thanks!
posted by GComes at 4:02 AM on December 10, 2009

The usual route is to plug a band or song into Pandora and see what it returns. Good luck!
posted by Lifeson at 6:09 AM on December 10, 2009

you might like two gallants. they are also raspy guitar guys. or try bowerbirds for that boy/girl harmony accordion thing. it also reminded me a tad of some bonnie prince billy, particularly lie down in the light.
posted by apostrophe at 7:27 AM on December 10, 2009

Wow, NMH-alike for sure. Others I think you will like: Rock Plaza Central and Sgt. Dunbar and the Hobo Banned.
posted by ludwig_van at 8:06 AM on December 10, 2009

hmm i dont know if its the same music but nick gallant you might like .

http://www.myspace.com/nickgallantmusic
posted by majortom1981 at 8:24 AM on December 10, 2009

Erik Sumo
posted by past at 9:46 AM on December 10, 2009

« Older 'Moving forward' in Latin   |   What is this car?! Newer »