White pen for marking photographs?
December 4, 2009 12:17 PM   Subscribe

Is there such a thing as a white pen that can be used to write on a photograph?

My wife and I just received the Christmas cards we bought through Shutterfly - they're basically 5X7 inch photographs. We had fussed over the wording for a while, but because of the multiple edits we now have a very awkward greeting. It's too expensive to start over, and I think I can remedy the situation if I could add an apostrophe and a colon, but with what? I think white out would be too obvious and too difficult to write with, and my google searches have failed.

posted by deliquescent to Media & Arts (7 answers total)
Yeah, a paint pen. Available at any craft store.
posted by amro at 12:20 PM on December 4, 2009

White gel pen.
posted by availablelight at 12:21 PM on December 4, 2009

White paint marker.
posted by jon1270 at 12:21 PM on December 4, 2009

Shake the hell out of those paint pens before using them.

If you choose to hack it with white-out, don't use the included brush: use a very fine hobby paintbrush instead.
posted by rokusan at 12:23 PM on December 4, 2009

A white permanent marker is probably your best bet. They also sell them at office supply stores and craft stores.
posted by moonshine at 12:26 PM on December 4, 2009

Thank you all. I figured there had to be something. Not to mention multiple things.
posted by deliquescent at 12:35 PM on December 4, 2009

As someone who worked in a scrapbook store for years, I would recommend the Uniball white pen. In my experience it was the best of all white pens at maintaining a clean, fluid line on dark paper and photographs.
posted by shesbookish at 2:07 PM on December 4, 2009

« Older iPhone can has be USB drive?   |   How contagious are plantar warts? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.