Personal injury lawyer in NYC?
December 4, 2009 8:28 AM   Subscribe

Can you recommend a personal injury lawyer in New York City? My girlfriend and I (pedestrians) were hit by a reckless taxi driver in November and we intend to sue.

We can't afford to pay out-of-pocket, so it'd have to be a lawyer that makes a cut of the winning. (Not sure what the technical term for that is.)
posted by limon to Law & Government (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

You're looking for a lawyer that will take you on contingency.

Also, the NY Bar Association has a legal referral service.
posted by thejoshu at 8:34 AM on December 4, 2009

Super Lawyers.

I actually work for a personal injury lawyer. MeFi mail me if you want info.
posted by roomthreeseventeen at 8:36 AM on December 4, 2009

Eh, Super Lawyers guarantees nothing. My wife was hit by a car as she walked across the street and got herself a Super Lawyer who has turned out to be seemingly incapable of returning phone calls or emails for weeks at a time.
posted by look busy at 10:08 AM on December 4, 2009

look_busy, true enough. Just suggesting it, because I know a bunch of the attorneys who are on the list, and they are all quite good, and capable of returning calls and emails.
posted by roomthreeseventeen at 10:17 AM on December 4, 2009

« Older Can I wait a little longer to fix my car?   |   Warmth and nature as far from NYC as possible. Oh... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.