Identify this iron stove

Identify this iron stove. Australia, probably 1970s.

I'd like to know the make and manufacturer of the iron stove that Clifton Pugh is resting his feet on in the above photograph.
posted by zamboni to Home & Garden (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

That looks like this one, which is a pot-belly stove manufactured in the UK by Romesse.

It may also be another brand of Pot Belly stove - there was a manufacturer at Fern Tree Gully in the 1970s, but I don't remember their name
posted by girlgenius at 2:38 PM on November 30, 2009

I don't know the stove, but I do know (but not super well) Clifton Pugh's son and they lived around the area nearby Fern Tree Gully. If you are seriously keen on knowing the name of the stove, I could suggest you ask a member of the family. Memail me for a name.
posted by Kerasia at 6:05 PM on November 30, 2009

Looks like it's a Romesse multi-tier (or something very similar) with only a single ring installed.

Kerasia- it's very kind of you to offer, but my idle curiosity is sufficiently sated.
posted by zamboni at 7:48 AM on December 1, 2009

« Older Sending snail mail with a delay   |   How do I get through library school? Newer »