Name the Movie with arguing couples

Movie-fi: I am trying to remember the name of a movie I saw maybe 10 years ago, involving 3-4 married couples having arguments. Does this ring a bell?

The three couples were eating or drinking at the home of one of them. Each couple was battling some issues of marital happiness - one might have been arguing about infidelity, one about having a child, and one that just seemed weird.

One scene I remember at the end of the movie is the weird couple was driving home and they both said "I love you". It turned out that the weird couple had the sanest marriage.

I thought it might have Joan Cusack or Greg Germann in it, but I couldn't find it in their IMDB list.

That's not a lot to go on, but if this rings a bell with anyone I will be very grateful!
posted by nyc_consultant to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Dinner with Friends?

"Dennis Quaid and Andie McDowell are a rock-solid husband-and-wife team, shocked to discover that a couple of close friends, played by Greg Kinnear and Toni Collette, are getting a divorce. Issues of infidelty, trust and truth bubble to the surface in both relationships, which are at once so different and very much the same."

or maybe Friends With Money?

"While the disparity in financial situations between Olivia and her friends creates some friction, each woman is facing her own individual struggles. Olivia can't seem to find love or money and resorts to questionable tactics to satisfy both. Franny's inherited money sometimes causes tension between her and her accountant husband, who likes to spend it. Christine's marriage is falling apart because she and her husband can't communicate effectively. Finally, Jane is becoming increasingly unpleasant to be around, possibly because of perimenopause and her husband's sexual ambiguity. Together, these women attend charity benefits, have lunch, lean on each other, and wade their way through life."
posted by Sweetie Darling at 4:14 PM on November 29, 2009

The Anniversary Party?
posted by lalex at 4:15 PM on November 29, 2009 [2 favorites]

Ahh, friends with money. I thought I saw it a lot earlier than 3 years ago! Thanks!
posted by nyc_consultant at 4:27 PM on November 29, 2009

Your description sounds a lot like The Four Seasons.
posted by Chocolate Pickle at 4:48 PM on November 29, 2009

Sounds like it could be Your Friends And Neighbors.
posted by motown missile at 1:58 AM on November 30, 2009

« Older Zig a zag ahhh!   |   How can I speed up my reading? Newer »