Tsubo boots

How durable are Tsubo boots?

I live in Chicago and have to walk to and from public transportation every day. I'd like a well-constructed, plain, casual boot for the winter and I am looking at these Tsubo boots.

How well made are Tsubo boots in general, if not these in particular? Could I get at least one winter out of them? I currently have fake leather black boots that after one year, the sole is separating from the heel, the black on the toe is scuffed off, and they leak, so I'd like to spend more money on a pair that.. won't get that way after a year.
posted by little_c to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I don't know about their boots, but I have a pair of Tsubo walking shoes that are both amazingly comfortable and extremely durable.
posted by amelioration at 11:30 AM on November 20, 2009

I have the mens' low shoe with that same construction. been wearing them through the rainy season with no leaks.

btw, Belmont army surplus just east of the red line belmont stop carries tsubo; I found mine for 40% markdown. second floor there is *lethal* if you're a shoe junkie.
posted by patricking at 5:36 PM on November 20, 2009

I wore a pair of Tusbos when I lived in NYC and they survived a good-long-while. They're not indestructible -- I don't know any shoe that will come through a big city salty slushy winter no worse for the wear, but the Tsubos did an admirable job.

I loved those shoes.
posted by zpousman at 11:53 AM on November 21, 2009

« Older Which video game classics did I miss the last...   |   Getting another copy of the receipt Newer »