My stubby amplifier...
November 15, 2009 6:12 PM   Subscribe

Home amp filter: Shallow cabinet, 5.1-channel, three-input-HDMI, two-zone, good-quality amplifier-receiver -- does it exist?

The missus and I just moved into our remodeled house -- the custom bookshelves are only 12" deep, so my 16" deep Denon amp that does most of what I want juts out unacceptably.

Is there such thing as a 13" (or less) deep, 5.1 or better surround, three-input-HDMI amp/receiver, that can play to two or more zones (i.e., 5.1 in the living room and 2 only in the kitchen?).
posted by rleamon to Technology (2 answers total)
I've never seen one that shallow... you might be screwed.

An option would be to relocate the amp somewhere else and use a remote control extender.
posted by gjc at 5:52 AM on November 16, 2009

Response by poster: Okay, I found a great candidate but am having trouble finding one to buy. It's the Sherwood R-904n, 17" W x 10" D x 2.5" T. Class D amp with some really cool features; sold out everywhere I've looked (Sears carries them, strangely enough). Pricey at $650 but it meets my specs.

Also odd that doesn't seem to list it....
posted by rleamon at 8:01 PM on November 20, 2009

« Older How do I optimize bio-availability and absorption...   |   Need help shopping for a camera Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.