simulated 3d from two photos
November 14, 2009 11:19 PM   Subscribe

what is it called, and how do you make a simulated 3D photo using two photos, then animated to flash back and forth?

i saw this somewhere, but can't remember where. tried googling it, but i am probably using the wrong search. you take a photo, then move slightly and take the same photo again. then make an animated gif so the two photos jump back and forth... gives the impression of 3D.

how? what? where?
posted by karl88 to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
It's called wiggle stereoscopy.
posted by Behemoth at 11:29 PM on November 14, 2009

And where: here, for one place. G
posted by Rich Smorgasbord at 11:31 PM on November 14, 2009

posted by juv3nal at 1:59 AM on November 15, 2009

The link that Rich Smorgasbord just posted came from this post from the blue that went up a few days ago. That may have been where you saw them recently?
posted by Atreides at 6:04 AM on November 15, 2009

« Older How can I not be offended by my girlfriend's lack...   |   What to do in Kathmandu? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.