What to do for wedding anniversary in Amsterdam?

What are some top romantic wedding anniversary options in Amsterdam in November?

I've been asked to speak at ICE '09 Amsterdam iPhone conference the week of thanksgiving. Because our 11th wedding anniversary falls on the same week I'm obviously bringing Mrs. Schwa and we're going to turn the trip in our a wedding anniversary vacation (we've both been to Amsterdam before many years ago).

What are some really good ideas for romantic and/or fun wedding anniversary activities to do in Amsterdam in a cold and probably wet Late November?

(The City of Amsterdam is apparently already providing speakers with dinner on a boat on the canal as part of a thanksgiving dinner - so the obvious activity is already taken care of)
posted by schwa to Travel & Transportation around Amsterdam, The Netherlands (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

How about the Ice Bar? and pictures.

I've never been but it looks so awesome!
posted by Sassyfras at 8:05 AM on November 14, 2009

Make sure you find a place that serves a traditional rijsttafel. Delicious and memorable.
posted by koselig at 8:29 AM on November 14, 2009

Response by poster: How about the Ice Bar? and pictures.

My wife does want to go to the Ice Bar. Unfortunately it wont be a surprise then if we go. But maybe.
posted by schwa at 8:33 AM on November 14, 2009

+ A bonbon making or patisserie workshop at Unlimited Delicious.
+ Find a nice sauna and spend the afternoon/evening relaxing (I haven't been to the one I linked, but I've been to others and it's a nice, unusual way to get into the local culture).
posted by cocoagirl at 8:43 AM on November 14, 2009

Royal High Tea at the Amstel Hotel.
posted by transporter accident amy at 9:12 AM on November 14, 2009

Every now and then Mrs Mutant & I like to grab dinner at Haesjs Claes, which is walking distance from Centraal Station.
posted by Mutant at 9:17 AM on November 14, 2009 [1 favorite]

I always thought that if I got married and had a wedding night 717 would be my choice for a hotel. its one of the most romantic places I've ever stayed.
posted by zia at 11:49 AM on November 14, 2009

Why won't it be a surprise? Just bring her there without telling her.
posted by divabat at 1:19 PM on November 14, 2009

« Older Where'd that come from?   |   Why do male porn stars wear socks and shoes? Newer »