R Kelly is trapped in my trunk!

I cannot unlock the trunk on my car!

I have a 2004 Honda Accord. This morning, I put some stuff in the trunk and, in closing it, must have forced the locking mechanism to mis-align. I have used the latch (inside the car), the key fob, and the key in the lock itself. None work. I tried lifting the trunk while pressing the fob. I tried sitting on the trunk while pressing the fob. Nothing.

My backseat lowers, so I got my stuff out of the trunk and was able to watch the locking mechanism move when I pressed the fob. I just don't know what I should be looking for or trying when I crawl into the trunk to try to fix it.

Any ideas of where to start?
posted by zerobyproxy to Grab Bag (2 answers total)

Do the 2004 models have the interior emergency latch release handle? I think they're standard now. Try crawling in and looking for a white/glow-in-the-dark pull-handle near the trunk latch.
posted by GuyZero at 12:24 PM on October 29, 2009 [1 favorite]

Good idea GuyZero. Got in the trunk, saw a small illuminated lever that was nestled in the locking mechanism. It looks like a trigger actually. Regardless, when I pushed it, the whole locking mechanism moved over about an inch and the lock realigned. I pushed the fob and it opened.

posted by zerobyproxy at 12:42 PM on October 29, 2009

« Older Not a Happy Camper   |   Or did I nightmare this? Newer »