Where can I find a picture of Lou Reed, Salman Rushdi and John McEnroe together?

A friend of mine had on his wall a picture of Lou Reed, Salman Rushdie and John McEnroe - which I think he got out of Vanity Fair magazine. I've dug through archives (and googled etc.) but am at a loss. Has anyone seen this pic? p.s. is this an appropriate Askmefi question?
posted by punkbitch to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

It is. The photo, if it exists, was probably taken at the Vanity Fair Tribeca Film Festival Party 2002. A shot of Reed, his wife Laurie Anderson, and Rushdie at this event is on this page, with separate shots of McEnroe and his wife.
posted by luser at 11:25 PM on January 3, 2005

For what it's worth, it seems appropriate to me, and I'm one of those people who get fussy sometimes.
posted by milovoo at 11:32 PM on January 3, 2005

is this an appropriate Askmefi question?

yes, because 1) you tried to find it yourself first, 2) you're asking for a specific answer to a specific question rather than an opinion (some would disagree with me on this one, and yeah, it is a grey area) and 3) you've provided enough information in a concise couple sentences for someone to give you an answer without having to ask more questions.

(personally i think #1 is the most important -- 95% of the questions i've thought about asking mefi are already answered elsewhere on the internet -- you just need to spend some time with google).

good job!

posted by fishfucker at 9:50 AM on January 4, 2005

Remove the P.S. and it's fine.
posted by rushmc at 12:49 PM on January 4, 2005

Is THIS an appropriate question?
posted by punkbitch at 3:25 PM on January 4, 2005

« Older XMB -> phpBB   |   Comic book ID: group of sleeper agents all get... Newer »