What kind of hat is this?
October 20, 2009 11:43 AM   Subscribe

What kind of hat is this guy wearing, and where can I find one to purchase?

Here's another, larger photo (found through this site, so I guess the hat might only be available in Japan ..?). I've searched online and through books on military uniforms without any luck.

posted by malpractice to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (5 answers total)
Best answer: It looks like a Austro-Hungarian field cap.
posted by Morrigan at 11:52 AM on October 20, 2009 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Here's a reasonable facsimile for sale.
posted by Floydd at 11:56 AM on October 20, 2009

Response by poster: Awesome, thank you both!
posted by malpractice at 12:49 PM on October 20, 2009

Best answer: The cockade looks wrong, however. I suspect it is a knock-off of a WWI german imperial army field cap, but with the wrong cockade. Alternatively, it could be a Reichswehr-era field cap facsimile.
posted by Ironmouth at 1:19 PM on October 20, 2009

Best answer: Here and here have reasonably close approximations.
posted by Dr.Pill at 1:49 PM on October 20, 2009

« Older Diamond vs. CZ   |   Spousal credit repair? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.