Looking for Latin Lyrics for "Terribilis Est Locus Iste"

Looking for the Latin lyrics to the Gregorian chant "Terribilis Est Locus Iste"

I performed this song in a small group ten years ago but have forgotten many of the words and my wife would like to hear me sing it for her. I've only found play lists and videos via googling, but no actual printed lyrics. Here's the basic song. On the variant we did, the first canto after the chorus began with "Quam dilecta tabernacula tua, Domine virtutum" I can almost piece this one together with various renditions that come up in searches, but I'm still missing a few lines. I don't recall which of the compilation CDs that our choral director found this one on. Any ideas? Thanks!
posted by Burhanistan to Society & Culture (1 answer total)

You might have more luck contacting your choral director, since it's hard to know which bits you are missing (or how much your particular version may vary from whichever renditions you've found). Alternatively if no one can find the version you want, maybe you could give us the lyrics you do remember and we can look for the ones you're missing?

I did try running a google books search for those two phrases, one of which suggests this is an entrance antiphon for the anniversary of a church's dedication. Several of the results from that search do let you read the scanned books; maybe those results will give another source for any missing lines.
posted by nat at 10:15 PM on October 6, 2009

« Older We're pregnant; what do we do now?   |   get my matrimony on, under the stars but OUTTA THE... Newer »