In order to make change at work happen, I need help

Does anyone have any recruiter recommendations for looking for tech-y jobs in Toronto?

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about what's working for me, and what's not, in my current job and have started to look for other opportunities outside of my current company.

So this is great (think positive!). However, I'm kind of ruled by inertia and if I don't (in the words of a friend) "make this someone else's job" then I'm going to find myself feeling stuck as I scroll through a million of monster.ca postings.

I'm very comfortable with the notion of 'selling myself' in interviews but doing the same thing in writing is hard.

Does anyone have any recommendations on recruiters for the GTA area? In a perfect world, it would be a company I could contact and then talk to someone about what I'm good at and what I'm looking for as I've done some work on figuring that out.

I need some help with finding a role that aligns with the fact that I'm really good at playing translator (explaining the technical things to the non-technical people and explaining the business needs etc. to the technical people).

Any thoughts?
posted by machine to Work & Money (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Check Red Canary, run by the tech recruiters The Laudi Group. I've worked with them in the past and they're pretty friendly but ultimately they're getting paid to place you so they're not going to chat a lot if they feel there isn't a fit.
posted by GuyZero at 6:14 PM on September 29, 2009

What skills do you have? I work for a small-ish company that does placement (in the GTA and across North America) as well as in-house development (in Burlington). Feel free to MeMail me.
posted by lowlife at 6:39 PM on September 29, 2009

I've had good experiences with Si Sytems in Edmonton and Calgary. They also have an office in Toronto.
posted by blue_beetle at 8:17 PM on September 29, 2009

Rhi consulting is who I used when I lived there.
posted by burhan at 9:01 AM on October 1, 2009

« Older I have no sense about Nunsense...!   |   My inappropriate attention spidey sense is... Newer »