How to make a product catalog?

I'm looking for tips on making a product catalog for a website, but not a fully fledged online shop. What options are there?

I'm building a website for an acquaintance, who is a local dealer in car cleaning products. He wants to show (a selection of) his products for sale, but doesn't actually need or want an online shop.

So, preferably, I'd like to have just the product catalog part of a webshop, but without the pricing and checkout parts. Are there any solutions out there that allow this? Or is it really something I should think about programming myself?
posted by Harry to Computers & Internet (1 answer total)

Pretty easy to do with Drupal, with the CCK and Views modules. And Drupal does have at least one shopping cart module (though I've never tried it) for later, when your friend realizes he wants an online store.
posted by bricoleur at 4:17 AM on August 29, 2009

« Older Wittgenstein's joke   |   That's not a computer. THIS is a computer. Newer »