Where to find lightning closures?
August 23, 2009 10:59 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find lightning closures for purchase sans bottle? I want to install them on my own bottles. (Description and photos below)

Lightning Closure (on a bottle): http://www.fantes.com/images/122192bottles.jpg

I want to buy these and put them on bottles I already have. Anyone know a source?

posted by Merlin144 to Home & Garden (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
They depend on there being two little holes in the side of the neck of the bottle for the wire to hook into, which means the bottles are made for those closures. Not sure you'll be able to find after-market ones to fit generic wine bottles.
posted by polyglot at 11:37 PM on August 23, 2009

I have many of these that don't require holes in the bottle (they get traction from the extended lip above). Great stoppers.

I got them a thrift/antique store, though (along with an old dynamite crate) so that probably won't help you much.
posted by rokusan at 12:22 AM on August 24, 2009

I have seen these with a metal strap that replaces the two holes in the neck of the bottle, sold in lots of 50, in France. If you happen to have a connection to someone in France have them try the Bricomarché - kind of like an Ace Hardware over there.
posted by jet_silver at 5:57 AM on August 24, 2009

I can't access any home brewing websites through my work access, but try searching for "Grolsch tops" on Google.
posted by ttrendel at 6:50 AM on August 24, 2009

They're call swing top seal assemblies and you can buy them in two different sizes at Williams Brewing.
posted by ZenMasterThis at 9:07 AM on August 24, 2009 [1 favorite]

« Older Identify this herb/spice!   |   I have found the perfect pair of jeans. And now I... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.