Where can I connect with other survivors?
August 22, 2009 7:26 PM   Subscribe

I need recommendations for a group for survivors of violent crime and or sexual assault. I am in the Glendale/Burbank area.

If it is relevant, I am a woman in her thirties. I have googled, but I would like a more personal recommendation. Also, I've never been to something like this before, so if anyone can tell me what to expect, I would be grateful.
posted by anonymous to Human Relations (2 answers total)
I would recommend that you contact CALCASA. They are one of the top anti-sexual violence coalitions in the country, and they should be able to give you personal recommendations for your area. Feel free to message me if you have any further questions; I am a former sexual assault counselor and advocate.
posted by emilyd22222 at 7:34 PM on August 22, 2009

Contact your District Attorney and ask for the Victim/Witness unit. They can get you in touch with the right group. They also may be able to help with the cost of individual and group therapy.
posted by eleslie at 8:51 AM on August 23, 2009

« Older My Mac is so hot!   |   Can literary journals ask for a reading fee? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.