Web App to manage client uploads???

I'm looking for a web application (preferrably Open Source) that will help me accomplish the following: I have a service business that works on digital files for clients. I'd like to broaden my reach through web, so want to give clients/public the ability to upload files to me and for me to keep track of who those files are from, and to be able to invoice them and track when they have paid, etc. so I can return the finished file to them. I'd like it to work with Paypal.

It is possible that this cannot all be done by a single application, but I'd prefer an all-in-one solution. But feel free to suggest partial solutions.

I'm an experienced server and web application admin with multiple platforms. I'd prefer a PHP/MySQL solution, but will certainly consider others. My Google-Fu is not strong today, apparently, as I'm having trouble locating this, but I'm sure that somebody has already invented this "wheel".

TIA for any words of wisdom you may have to share.
posted by spock to Computers & Internet (1 answer total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Uploadthingy is not open source but is a service which looks like it will do what you want. I know, you have to pay for the service so it might not fit with your intentions, but otoh it does take all the hassle out of the administration. Gives you more time to take money off your clients...
posted by BrokenEnglish at 1:25 PM on August 17, 2009

« Older Condensed Matter Forum?   |   How do I help Mom get digital? Newer »