Altoids Like Tin?
August 9, 2009 9:51 AM   Subscribe

Were can I buy an Altoids like tin (image) without the Altoids design (etc)?

I just want the one.
posted by nam3d to Shopping (8 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
Craft stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby or whatnot might have them.

Also, these tins are popular among people who use 'em to make headphone amplifiers (Google 'Chu Moy'). If anybody had a lead, it's be one of those folks.

And, at the risk of saying something obvious, it wouldn't be too hard to remove the paint from an Altoids tin.
posted by box at 9:54 AM on August 9, 2009

posted by exogenous at 10:07 AM on August 9, 2009 [2 favorites]

Do you have The Container Store in the UK? They have a whole aisle of them.
posted by dancinglamb at 10:09 AM on August 9, 2009

Muji always has stuff like this.
posted by 8dot3 at 10:17 AM on August 9, 2009

In addition to craft shops, you might check party or wedding supply stores.
posted by Yorrick at 11:52 AM on August 9, 2009

Why not just buy an Altoids tin... eat the mints, then soak the tin in paint remover/thinner ?
posted by jmnugent at 11:55 AM on August 9, 2009

If you don't want/need it to have a hinge, you can get a hand-rolling tobacco-tin from smoke-shops or (if you want the sort they sell) the sort of shops that sell band T-shirts and spikey belts. If you want one with a hinge, I dunno. Some smoke-shop-type places might have some (10 seconds on Google didn't find me any though).
posted by K.P. at 1:21 PM on August 9, 2009

Try $1.25 each.
posted by averyoldworld at 4:46 PM on August 9, 2009 [1 favorite]

« Older Can I work in IP?   |   Poor Zoe. :( Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.