Question Re: "Tubthumping" Music Video

I was watching the Chumbawumba "Tubthumping" video, and while it's obvious that most of the women in the bathroom scenes are men in drag, I wasn't so sure about one: am I right in saying that the woman we see mouthing to "pissing the night away", "oh, Danny boy, Danny boy", and "don't cry for me, next door neighbor" is the lead singer in drag?
posted by WCityMike to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Best answer: No, they're different people: Wikipedia picture. Singer top right, woman bottom right.

The man's eyes appear to be brown, and her eyes are blue.
posted by puritycontrol at 10:05 PM on July 26, 2009

Response by poster: Whoops. Let's hope AM never gets a visit from Chumbawumba band members. Thanks!
posted by WCityMike at 10:09 PM on July 26, 2009

She is female band member Jude Abbott.

I'm not sure what makes you think any of those women are men in drag though!
posted by crabintheocean at 2:54 PM on July 27, 2009

Response by poster: crabintheocean: "I'm not sure what makes you think any of those women are men in drag though!"

Here. Seeing 'em side-by-side again, I do think it's a forgivable mistake ... trust me, though, I'm not saying she's not pretty, I'd love to meet her ... well, assuming she'd never seen this particular AskMefi post ... :)
posted by WCityMike at 6:32 PM on July 28, 2009

« Older Name my new Croquet team!   |   Michael Clayton's fantasy book about... Newer »