Morae for OS X?

Is there an equivalent to Techsmith's Morae for OS X?

I will consider running Morae on a Mac through Parallels or some such as a last resort, but was wondering if there was something similar that was OS X-native.

Just screen capture won't do, I want screen capture + audio recording + keyboard and mouse activity logging.
posted by needled to Technology (5 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

I believe Snapz Pro covers the request. I've been using Screenflow since it was released and I believe it will work as well and has an interface similar to iMovie for editing.

There are quite a few competitors in the market, but these are the only two that came to mind.
posted by Doug Stewart at 4:25 PM on July 24, 2009

There was a lot of hype a few months back about Silverback. Haven't used it myself, though.
-Morae user in a Windows-only shop.
posted by coolguymichael at 4:42 PM on July 24, 2009

Response by poster: I would like the whole suite of capabilities that Morae provides. Both Snapz Pro and Silverback lack keyboard and mouse activity logging.
posted by needled at 5:05 PM on July 24, 2009

The best solution may be to use something like Silverback and Snapz Pro for the first two activities and then use a different program for keyboard and mouse activity logging. I found this one with a quick Google, I hope you can find one that works for you.

Also, look closer at Silverback, I saw features in the demonstration on that page that looked suspiciously like keyboard and mouse activity logging. You would know best if that isn't actually what you wanted, though.
posted by The Devil Tesla at 9:51 PM on July 24, 2009

Best answer: I love ScreenFlow, along with most everybody (it even looks like the Silverback video was captured with it, but perhaps not…). It includes a very nice editor for adding text, zooming and highlighting effects, as well as all the capture functions you list. For a bit less $$, consider IShowU HD Pro. Link is to a video demo, which shows mouse clicks are recorded; feature list here. No editor included.
posted by dpcoffin at 9:55 AM on July 25, 2009

« Older Is it possible to manipulate iTunes this way?   |   Give me your awesome laptop finding powers! Newer »