Majini in Flames

I'm looking for other classical music that sounds like the "Majini IX - In Flames" track from Resident Evil 5.

Not being a music scholar I have a hard time explaining what it is about the song that I like. I do like the tempo; it's got a really "driving" pace to it, it feels like it's constantly building up to something grand and the little tune that the string instruments play just makes me shiver with excitement :)

If anybody can recommend any other artists or songs that I might like based on similarity to the linked song, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry if this seems like a really weak question but I know less than nothing about classical music.
posted by Ziggy Zaga to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

It reminds me of some of the Ninja Gaiden background music (the Xbox version) Searching for "Ninja Gaiden soundtrack" gets lots of hits like this
posted by chrisamiller at 1:41 PM on July 24, 2009

Response by poster: The song you linked to appears to be straight electronic music, which is cool but not really what I was hoping to find...I was looking for more classical/orchestral type stuff, and not limited to video game music. Was there a particular song you had in mind that might closer fit what I'm looking for?
posted by Ziggy Zaga at 3:45 PM on July 24, 2009

Carmina Burana. I always find this exciting!
Link
And crank the volume up!
posted by lungtaworld at 4:16 PM on July 24, 2009

« Older What would be the adult equivalent of Axe body...   |   I need a locked slideshow! Newer »