Identify this odd, seemingly antiquated children's card game?

I have been steadily digging through the boxes of junk that have survived my last two moves un-dug through. In a box full of childhood toys I unearthed a deck of cards featuring a very dapper duck on the back. On the face of each card there are printed four descriptions of objects.

While I do recall being aware of these cards in my youth, I have no recollection of where they came from. I'm assuming they're a part of a game of some sort. For some reason, I am now obsessed with figuring out their origin. So...anyone have any idea?

I've posted an image of the cards here.

Here are some examples of the text for those who don't feel like clicking through:

Example Card #1: "a plate of beans / a knife and fork / an old hen / a teacher's strap"

Example Card #2: "a broken umbrella / a can of milk / an old maid / a dozen eggs"
posted by adamkempa to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Best answer: It's called Dr. Quack. There are two listings on etsy for it, here and here.
posted by cabingirl at 7:13 PM on July 12, 2009

Here's a blog post about it.
posted by box at 7:23 PM on July 12, 2009

Response by poster: Twenty minutes later, and that's it. Your first link appears to be the same version I have! Thank you!
posted by adamkempa at 7:26 PM on July 12, 2009

... a plate of beans?

This must spread through meet-ups.
posted by dhartung at 9:18 PM on July 12, 2009

« Older new Macbook Pro to tv?   |   Handwriting font, or real handwriting? Newer »