Have you worked for any division of k12 inc?? If so, HELP!

I am looking for people who have specifically worked for the k12 online program as a teacher. Have you worked for K12 on-line education program? If so, I need your help!! (Desperately!!)

Hi! I am a certified, many years experienced teacher.

I am interested in on-line learning and seeing that k12 had the most comprehensive curriculum, I decided to pursue them...that was back in FEBRUARY. After jumping through all of their hoops, I FINALLY received a full time job offer at 34K--4 and half months later. Then, 2 days after that, I was told that offer was now 32K. THEN, yesterday, I was told that the full time offer was now .50. Needless to say, my confidence in them is extremely shaken. I was willing to take a major pay cut to do this job because I believed in it...now, I'm not so sure.

I would like to think that they are having trouble with the budget/ enrollment, etc. But, at this point I'm just not sure that they are organized. Have you worked for them? Is my experience so far unique? Have you liked it? I would appreciate any help...I'm very torn about this because I'd really like to work for them, but all of the indecision on their end has left me hesitant. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Please do so quickly... they are awaiting my answer.
posted by anonymous to Education (1 answer total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I have not worked for K12 inc, but I have taken a job where this kind of dodgy stuff happened before I started--start dates pushed back after I'd already quit my previous job, for instance, because no one had time to train me that week. I took the job anyway because, despite all these really clear warning signs of dysfunction and poor organization, it was for a cause I believed in.

For the 3 1/2 miserable years I worked at that dysfunctional company, I said to myself, "I should have paid attention to the warning signs. It was all so clear..."
posted by not that girl at 7:41 AM on July 10, 2009

« Older How to balance work/life with a dying parent?   |   What's the best/cheapest way to get to Terminal B... Newer »