Ruth Madoff's glasses.
June 29, 2009 9:24 AM   Subscribe

I want Ruth Madoff's glasses. Pix: 1 2 3

At first I thought they were perfectly round, which is a bit too Harry Potter for me. But they're not... And usually that style comes out either a bit comic or a bit nerdy, but these seem just right.

Any idea where to find these, what brand they are? Or do you know of very similar ones?
posted by kmennie to Shopping (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
They look like Anglo-Americans. I think they're these.
posted by SoftRain at 9:44 AM on June 29, 2009 [1 favorite]

Alain Mikli makes a similar pair.
posted by fire&wings at 9:47 AM on June 29, 2009

My bf pointed out that they might be Lafonts which rich people like since they are like Anglo-Americans, but more expensive.
posted by SoftRain at 9:52 AM on June 29, 2009

Maybe they are coming into fashion again, which I would applaud, but twenty years ago that shape of glasses was common where I lived. It was called 'panto shaped'.
posted by ijsbrand at 9:57 AM on June 29, 2009

[Several jokey comments removed, please stop auditioning for a writing gig on Leno.]
posted by cortex (staff) at 10:14 AM on June 29, 2009 [5 favorites]

I hope this is the only thing I have in common with the Madoff's, but I believe they're the Oliver Peoples Riley glasses.
posted by Sreiny at 10:58 AM on June 29, 2009

The Brooks Brothers 701 or 688 are pretty similar and not very expensive, and come in a variety of colors. I've found the 701 at my local LensCrafters, fwiw.
posted by Kat Allison at 11:24 AM on June 29, 2009

Thank you! This is all a lot of help.
posted by kmennie at 4:16 PM on June 29, 2009

LA Eyeworks
posted by hortense at 4:31 PM on June 29, 2009

« Older A woman on the run, smuggler pilots, and a blog --...   |   Illinois Child Support: Should I have to pay... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.