Giant golf syringe?
June 21, 2009 10:52 AM   Subscribe

Watching the golf today, they showed a greenskeeper taking water out of a hole. He used what looked like a giant syringe. What is this tool called, and where can I get one?
posted by Marky to Home & Garden (9 answers total)
Is it a turkey baster?
posted by Gneisskate at 11:23 AM on June 21, 2009

If not, it probably is a large syringe, just not designed for sticking in people. Look at laboratory supplies like this for examples.
posted by Gneisskate at 11:26 AM on June 21, 2009

Was it like this bilge pump?
posted by Andy's Gross Wart at 11:40 AM on June 21, 2009

Or a "cannon" type water gun?
posted by EnsignLunchmeat at 11:50 AM on June 21, 2009

How about a meat injector?
posted by gregr at 2:21 PM on June 21, 2009

Response by poster: The closest so far is Gneisskate, by looking at it it seemed to be one liter. But I doubt they use an actual medical syringe, even Bethpage might gag at $512.14 to move water.
posted by Marky at 3:20 PM on June 21, 2009

Well, there are disposable ones that would be much cheaper, but I also turned up this. Anyhow, I know we have cheap plastic disposables in my lab, and if you like I can check the brand tomorrow. Do you know how big is 'big'?
posted by Gneisskate at 3:42 PM on June 21, 2009

Response by poster: Thanks Gneisskate, I think the one I saw was 1000ml. I don't think I'd have ever put the words "enema syringe" together without that link.
posted by Marky at 10:07 PM on June 21, 2009

I'm thinking it's probably closer to a siphon pump -- maybe this one.
posted by dhartung at 1:16 PM on June 22, 2009

« Older How to destroy mold?   |   Mmm, bagels... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.