My Kingdom for a Playdome
May 14, 2009 6:05 PM   Subscribe

Anyone know where I can buy a children's playdome?

You know. The ones that are about 6-8 foot in diameter that we played on in playgrounds. Design similar to Bucky Fuller's geodesic domes. I'd like to purchase one for an upcoming event.
posted by goalyeehah to Grab Bag (7 answers total)
google "jungle gym" and loads of options pop up.
posted by moxiedoll at 6:18 PM on May 14, 2009

This is the best I can do. Depending on where you are, they are on sale at Toys R Us (Canada) this week.
posted by Abbril at 6:20 PM on May 14, 2009

Or search for climbing dome or dome climber.
posted by jrossi4r at 6:21 PM on May 14, 2009

We have the same one thats 299. in jrossi's post but we got it at costco for a hundred bucks 2 years ago (was regularly 150 but it was at the end of season).
posted by beccaj at 6:52 PM on May 14, 2009

I just bought and installed a Dome Climber. It looks like they have express shipping available, perhaps you could order it in time.
posted by true at 7:22 PM on May 14, 2009

Tons of people that go to Burning Man have those (they drape parachutes over them and make a structure to live in for the week. In fact, I have all the parts for one in my basement. Here's someone who makes them. Do a search on "Burning Man domes" and you'll find other options and info.
posted by otherwordlyglow at 7:42 PM on May 14, 2009

We tried to buy one from DomeClimber last summer, and he was having terrible prob;ems with one of his parts and wouldn't ship us the dome---for about 2 months. Eventually we had to cancel the order and it was complicated. But it sounds like he's fixed his supply problems.

We got one from KB toys, so that's no help.
posted by leahwrenn at 4:43 AM on May 15, 2009

« Older When did Roddenberry first condemn Star Trek V?   |   How do people afford kids and also have time for... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.