Where can I play squash in San Francisco? (And would optimally be able to bring guests?)
May 1, 2009 11:11 AM   Subscribe

Where can I play squash in San Francisco? (And would optimally be able to bring guests?)

I will be in San Francisco starting in a few weeks and would love to find a place to play squash. I am fine with paying a membership fee; however, I am already a member of Gold's Gym, so ideally, I'd prefer not to have to sign up for a different athletic gym that just happens to have a squash court (though I would not be totally averse to it if there are no other options). It would also be great if I could bring non-member friends to play with me on occasion (maybe on a per-visit fee basis?). Anything in San Francisco, South San Francisco, or even San Mateo / Burlingame / etc. would be fine. Thanks!
posted by Pontius Pilate to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Looks like the Mission Recreation Center has free squash courts. I'd call first to confirm.
posted by otherwordlyglow at 12:29 PM on May 1, 2009

The Bay Club has squash courts and allows guests on a per-visit fee basis, but it's hideously expensive iirc, especially if you're over 30.
posted by zachlipton at 3:14 PM on May 1, 2009

In San Francisco: University Club, Olympic Club, Bay Club...all very expensive.
In Redwood City (Redwood Shores) on the Peninsula: Pacific Athletic Club...also expensive.
posted by choochoo at 9:37 PM on May 2, 2009

« Older Help me find that game, please   |   Put a hat on my earwig. Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.