Help me find that game, please

I need to find a game I've played so many years ago in the old Windows 3.11.

It consisted in a grid where you are placed in a cell, and there was few obstacles and monsters placed on other cells.
You can move in any of the axis direction (top, bottom, left, right), on each move, the monsters approximates to you by 1 cell movement.
If the monsters hit an obstacle, or between them they dies.

The objective of the game was to kill all the monsters by hitting objects or themselves. On each new level you get more monsters, which makes it harder to escape from them.

I'm looking for this game for a long time!
I need the game or at least the name or publisher.

Thank you!
posted by Leech to Computers & Internet (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: The basic game you're describing sounds like Robots, which has had many clones over the years. I'm not sure which version you would have played in Windows 3.1, but there's a Javascript version you can play online.
posted by pocams at 11:12 AM on May 1, 2009 [5 favorites]

This is not that game.

But it seems related, and you might enjoy it. Sorry I don't have the answer you wanted.
posted by Nonce at 11:15 AM on May 1, 2009

It sounds like nethack or possibly a c64 emulator running Sword of Fargoal.
posted by 8dot3 at 11:22 AM on May 1, 2009

Chip's Challenge?
posted by drinkcoffee at 11:24 AM on May 1, 2009

Response by poster: Awesome, thank you guys...

It's that Robots :)
posted by Leech at 11:24 AM on May 1, 2009

Best answer: It's often also called Daleks -- as in Dr. Who Daleks -- if that helps you find more versions.
posted by jacquilynne at 11:30 AM on May 1, 2009

You can download Daleks here.
posted by MesoFilter at 12:47 PM on May 3, 2009

Ahhh, Robots! I'd completely forgotten about this. You have my undying gratitude for posting this.
posted by booknerd at 12:29 PM on May 4, 2009

« Older Mother cat in basement/crawl space, nursing two...   |   Where can I play squash in San Francisco? (And... Newer »