Help me find Il Cielegio chianti

Help me find a chianti I drank a few years ago, I think it was called Il Cielegio.

I drank it at two restaurants in Long Beach, CA about two and a half years ago. It was fairly inexpensive, but my girlfriend and I enjoyed it quite a bit. At the time, I was able to find a few hits on the web related to the wine (including a store that carried it), but I can't find anything now. I am no longer sure of the spelling - "Il Cielegio" is our best recollection, but that doesn't turn up any wine hits. I assume I'm not spelling it right - is there a chance you know what it's called? Is there a place in LA/OC to buy it?
posted by Horselover Fat to Food & Drink (4 answers total)

Best answer: Entering 'il ciliegio wine' into Google brings up several wine-related entries. C-I-L-I-E-G-I-O. I believe it means 'wild cherry' in Italian.
posted by eatyourcellphone at 9:55 PM on April 30, 2009

Response by poster: Yes, that seems to be it! I didn't try that permutation.
posted by Horselover Fat at 10:07 PM on April 30, 2009

"Ciliegio" means "cherry tree" as "ciliegia" is the cherry (fruit). It might be this wine (PDF with infos and the label, maybe you recognize it?), made in this farm (flash, Italian only) and this looks like the importer for California. Cheers!
posted by _dario at 10:41 PM on April 30, 2009

Response by poster: Update: I found a wine store in the area that had it in stock, and I picked up two bottles yesterday. Thanks for your help!
posted by Horselover Fat at 9:50 AM on May 3, 2009

« Older Vintage clothing repair in Toronto? Lace...   |   Help me create order from contact chaos Newer »