genealogy/family tree programs
April 22, 2009 12:54 PM   Subscribe

Looking for a simple program to construct a family tree. This could be shared with all family members to add/comment according to their ability, and interest. Varying computer abilities. Shared between PCs and Macs. Attach photos?
posted by ebesan to Human Relations (10 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

Geni?
posted by k8t at 12:54 PM on April 22, 2009 [2 favorites]

2nd-ing Geni. I've used it myself and it's really easy, flexible and adaptable to different family types. Multiple photos are also an option.
posted by alchemist at 1:03 PM on April 22, 2009

3rding Geni. It's got a very simple usable interface.
posted by kalessin at 1:39 PM on April 22, 2009

I love me some Geni.
posted by DWRoelands at 1:51 PM on April 22, 2009

nth-ing Geni.
posted by jferg at 1:56 PM on April 22, 2009

I've been using Personal Ancestral File from FamilySearch, but I get the feeling that I should check out this Geni thing.
posted by Stylus Happenstance at 2:49 PM on April 22, 2009

Geni is good. But opt out of the 'updates' it sends you for sure. I always forget.
posted by BlackLeotardFront at 3:28 PM on April 22, 2009

Geni is super easy, especially if you get your family members invited via and participating.
posted by whiskey point at 5:50 PM on April 22, 2009

i am just another person posting in this thread to say "geni"
posted by SeƱor Pantalones at 9:55 PM on April 22, 2009

Yet another recommendation for geni. It is really cool when you start inviting people and you can watch the tree grow. It also interacts with facebook now if that's your kind of thing.
posted by thekilgore at 7:43 PM on April 24, 2009

« Older The End of High School   |   Advice On Outsourcing Database Management Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.