What is it?
April 17, 2009 8:13 PM   Subscribe

I'm watching a zydeco band right now. The bass line is being played on a stand up bass. While the neck is still there, the body has been replaced by some sort of tripod. Does this beast have a name?
posted by Pants! to Media & Arts (6 answers total)
Is it some sort of Steinberger?
posted by umbĂș at 8:25 PM on April 17, 2009

Response by poster: No, as far as I can tell. No body at all it's all neck supported by tripod.
posted by Pants! at 8:30 PM on April 17, 2009

Best answer: The electric upright bass comes in a wide variety of body designs; since the body isn't used for sound generation, it can be almost any shape, and is often very un-bass-like.

This is a picture of what umbĂș was talking about, mounted on a tripod
posted by paisley henosis at 8:54 PM on April 17, 2009

Yeah, it's an EUB. I used to own one of these.
posted by Wolof at 9:42 PM on April 17, 2009

i have an Ergo EUB. it's pretty sweet. it's just a neck that mounts on a drum stand.
posted by gnutron at 11:36 PM on April 17, 2009 [1 favorite]

Maybe a Dean Pace? I've got one in red. It's pretty darn sweet.
posted by jdfan at 4:43 PM on April 18, 2009

« Older Good Hotels in Ashland, Oregon?   |   What's the right way to offer to purchase a short... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.