How to reach Doctor Fun cartoonist David Farley
April 12, 2009 8:39 PM   Subscribe

I'd like to ask cartoonist David Farley for permission to reprint one of his Doctor Fun cartoons. The FAQ says to request permission by email, but his listed address (d-farley@ibiblio.org) bounces. Can anyone tell me how to reach him? Thanks.
posted by espertus to Media & Arts (6 answers total)

Yeah, he's at dgf1 AT midway DOT uchicago DOT edu, and his phone number's even online. (Not to be unkind, but you could've saved yourself a week's question with a quick Googling — this was the fourth result for "David Farley" "Doctor Fun".)
posted by WCityMike at 8:42 PM on April 12, 2009 [1 favorite]

So it is, although my question pushed it down one. Here's hoping the information is up to date.
posted by espertus at 10:27 PM on April 12, 2009

Mike, did you verify that the uchicago.edu address is in fact reachable? That address stopped showing up on the actual cartoons in May 1995 (replaced by d hyphen farley at tezcat dot com). The ibiblio.org address is what's on the last cartoon from 2006. Also, there's a note on the page you linked to that says "This artist is likely inactive on SITO. The last time they did anything here was 2000-06-16. If they have given an email address, it may be out-of-date and invalid."

Espertus, have you tried tracking him down through United Feature Syndicate? They started distributing Doctor Fun in '95 and may still have contact details.
posted by flabdablet at 10:27 PM on April 12, 2009

It's astonishingly easy to confirm that he retains his day job and can be reached there.
posted by dhartung at 11:51 PM on April 12, 2009

FWIW, ibiblio outsourced its e-mail service recently (maybe a week or two ago?). Addresses _should_ still work as usual, but there's a slight chance he's having weird e-mail problems.
posted by amtho at 4:17 AM on April 13, 2009

For the record, the email address provided by WCityMike works.
posted by espertus at 7:22 PM on April 15, 2009

« Older What would be a cool way to print this out?   |   How to continue one's education without going back... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.