the best kind of meeting

Chicago bars: looking for a bar to have a meeting. Requirements: sort of quiet on a Friday night, can accommodate a group of 10 people. Neighborhoods: loop, Wicker Park, Bucktown, West Loop, River North.

This will take place on a Friday evening around 8. I'm thinking Danny's would be good since it has some couch areas, but I'm afraid the music might be kind of loud, and the atmosphere too dark, to hold a meeting.
posted by Jason and Laszlo to Food & Drink (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Best answer: The California Clipper, which opens at 8, has a back room. Things don't start heavily hopping there till 9:30 at the very earliest, I'd say. Live music starts at 10. It's a little west (California and Augusta) of where you ideally want to go, but on the upside that means it will likely be quieter than some place on Division.
posted by HeroZero at 4:53 PM on March 22, 2009

Is the upstairs at Danny's still open? They used to open it up every once in a while for bigger parties. Maybe Marc can open it up for a bit if you give him a nice tip. That is if it is still in decent condition.
posted by chillmost at 4:00 AM on March 23, 2009

You can reserve (for free) the back room at Ten Cat Tavern. It's usually pretty quiet there at 8pm on a Friday. It's a bit north of where you wanted to go, however: on Ashland just south of Irving Park.
posted by smich at 4:10 PM on March 24, 2009

i had no idea danny's had an upstairs!
posted by anthropomorphic at 1:45 AM on May 29, 2009

« Older From detox to retox.   |   Catfilter: If I spay my cat while she's in heat... Newer »