Where can I watch Six Nations rugby near Mount Airy, NC?

Where can I watch Six Nations rugby near Mount Airy, North Carolina?

I'm heading to Mount Airy, NC for the weekend (March 21), but really want to catch the Ireland v Wales Six Nations rugby match. We have a bar that we watch the matches at here in DC -- is there anywhere showing the game near Mount Airy? We'd be willing to drive a bit for it, like to Winston-Salem or Greensboro.

Thank you!
posted by katopotato to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (6 answers total)

I live in Winston-Salem, and it's not easy to find places showing football, let alone rugby. The only place that might be showing it is Keegan's Pub in Greensboro.
posted by Stylus Happenstance at 7:17 PM on March 18, 2009

Also, this is a bad time of year to try seeing anything but basketball around here. Last Saturday, I was at a place that usually has Setanta on at least one of thier 20 TVs, but not even Liverpool-Man U will be shown during March.
posted by Stylus Happenstance at 7:27 PM on March 18, 2009

Directv carries them on setanta, so they should be available if the pub has a satellite
posted by OHenryPacey at 8:33 PM on March 18, 2009

Also, if you'll have internet access, you can get Setanta pay per view online. Looks like $12.99 for the Ireland v Wales match.
posted by clerestory at 1:36 AM on March 19, 2009

I'd grab it online, if possible. We Tar Heels are deep in the throes of March Madness right now. I suspect any bar that would normally show rugby is gonna switch to basketball.

Doesn't mean, though, that they won't show the Six Nations if no NCAA tourament games are available at that time. You might look for sport bars in Winston-Salem and Greensboro, call them and ask.
posted by justcorbly at 6:03 AM on March 19, 2009

Response by poster: Thanks for your responses, everyone! -- Looks like I'll probably end up watching online.
posted by katopotato at 3:28 AM on March 20, 2009

« Older How does windows do filesystem caching?   |   Keeping the creative momentum going Newer »