Please help me make the Grecian Marble cocktail.

The mysterious Grecian Marble cocktail...

My lovely and talented girlfriend has had a cocktail in the past that she says was called a Grecian Marble.

What she can remember of it suggests the ingredient list included both creme de menthe and creme de cocoa, ouzo, ice cream and possibly other ingredients.

I have been Googling like a madman to no avail, and none of my mixology guide seem to show anything.

As the ingredients seem a little expensive for experimentation, I was hoping the infinitely refined MeFi's out there might have a recipe.

(Grrrrrrr... Damn girlie drin...OH! HI SWEETHEART!)
posted by Samizdata to Food & Drink (5 answers total)

It sounds like this recipe for a Grasshopper, except with ouzo. Maybe make this recipe, adding ouzo to taste?
posted by Houstonian at 6:40 PM on March 5, 2009

And you have no idea where she had it? Sounds like the kind of thing that creative bartender whipped up. If you knew where she had it, I would suggest calling the establishment.
posted by otherwordlyglow at 9:29 PM on March 5, 2009

Sorry for the delayed response. Things have been weird lately.

Unfortunately, my prior experience with custom beverages is that the bartenders most often tend not to share.

I will whip up a batch of the Grasshoppers and feed it to her as a taste test.
posted by Samizdata at 1:58 AM on March 10, 2009

Strange. I've definitely asked what was in something before and even if I didn't get exact proportions, they'll at least let you know what the major, if not all, ingredients are.
posted by otherwordlyglow at 2:57 PM on March 10, 2009

Well, I found the ingredients and I am working on getting the proportions right. I will say something if I get it right.
posted by Samizdata at 3:25 PM on March 16, 2009

« Older The Young Person's Guide to Jackie Chan   |   Buscando la Mariposa Newer »