Just want to watch the fight without Tacky orange shorts...

Where to watch UFC in DC?

I know Hooters in Chinatown plays UFC but I don't know if that's where I want to go.

Does anyone know of a cool bar with a lot of HDTVs playing the fight this weekend in Washington DC? Preferably it wouldn't be packed to the walls.

Thanks
posted by zephyr_words to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

Buffalo Billiards (in Dupont) plays a lot of the fights, probably this one too. The one time I was there when a fight was on, it wasn't packed, though it was crowded (it gets crowded there regardless).
posted by inigo2 at 9:51 AM on March 5, 2009

2nd-ing Buffalo Billiards. It has LOTS of TVs. You might want to get there a little ahead of time because sometimes the line gets long even if there's room inside.
posted by whitetigereyes at 11:13 AM on March 5, 2009

This gets asked regularly-ish on here, and is answered on the UFC's website, but in a somewhat obscure, hard to find place located on each individual event's "how to watch" section... click "sports bars"...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.SportsBars&eid=1878

Also, it's poorly organized by state in a huge ugly list -- for your "convenience"! ;-)
posted by twiggy at 12:24 PM on March 5, 2009

Thanks twiggy. They only have hooters listed on that list and I knew more had to be playing it.

I called BB's and they are playing it this weekend so I think I'll go there.
posted by zephyr_words at 1:54 PM on March 5, 2009

« Older A PVR which manages channels on a cable box?   |   Help find a Virginia Woolf (?) quote about the... Newer »