Ladder hinges - what name do they go by?
March 2, 2009 2:23 PM   Subscribe

What do you call those locking hinges on ordinary stepladders? And where can I buy one or two?

What's the name of those locking hinges on the non-adjustable, upside-down-V-shaped folding stepladders? Stepladder hinges? Locking hinges? My search engine-fu is epicfailing.

Should I just rivet a piece of angle iron and two pieces of flat stock together and pretend it's a hinge? Surely something like this is sold online, called something obvious and I'm just missing something?
posted by ostranenie to Technology (1 answer total)
They're called braces, and Louisville Ladder will sell 'em to you in all kinds of varieties and sizes.
posted by jedicus at 2:28 PM on March 2, 2009

« Older Using a car from out of state?   |   What fire breathing fuel is the least toxic? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.