The Perfect Post-Desktop Desk
March 1, 2009 12:36 PM Subscribe
Recommend new desk for Laptop + Flat Panel(s)? My computer is dying, as is its old desk. I need to replace both. While I'm set on the hardware (15" MacBook Pro + 27" LCD Monitor), I can't find the ideal desk.
- Full-sized desk (not one of those puny pods)
- Primary surface of desk should be low enough (or adjustable) so that typing on the laptop's keyboard is not awkward or painful (No keyboard tray or separate plug-in keyboard).
- Elevated rear shelf (or elevated swing-arm) to accommodate large 27" monitor
- Quality materials - I'm willing to pay extra for something that will really last, so would like to avoid particle board if at all possible.
- Finish: Would prefer black or metal or some combination thereof.
- Drawers: nice, but not necessary