College Tax Credit. . .which year to declare?
February 27, 2009 10:05 AM   Subscribe

I paid for my daughter's second semester in Dec. 08. The entire second semester takes place in 09.

Can I "save" this tax credit for my 09 return, since I have maxed out any benefit for my 08 return, paying for the first semester?

This has nothing to do with the modest bump-up to $2500 for next years college tax credits.
posted by Danf to Education (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I know my spring semester tuition has always counted toward my parents' previous year tax return, FWIW. Ultimately, it depends on how her university files her 1098-T tuition statement: you should have received it by now. Maybe you could call the cashier's office at her institution and ask them to revise it so it only reflects the tuition for her fall semester?
posted by halogen at 10:37 AM on February 27, 2009 [1 favorite]

might help
posted by rmhsinc at 10:57 AM on February 27, 2009 [1 favorite]

What did your 1098-T form say?
posted by Happydaz at 11:02 AM on February 27, 2009 [1 favorite]

Read. Weep. Move on with life.

Thank you for the info.
posted by Danf at 11:20 AM on February 27, 2009

« Older Help me run and get past the discomfort of lactic...   |   I didn't realise being in therapy was a skill Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.